If you like a sweet and sour taste, you will fall in love with Sweet & Sour Chicken.
1 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1 cup pineapple chunk
1/2 cup flour
1/4 corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Sweet and Sour sauce:
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons raspberry jam
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons water
salt to taste
4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water
1. Cut red bell pepper, onion and pineapples into chunks, of course cut chicken breasts into chunks too.
2. Stir together chicken, salt, flour, cornstarch, baking powder and water until all the pieces are well coated. Then adding to the hot oil to fry about 9 minutes.
3. In a wok, combine the tomato sauce, raspberry jam, water, brown sugar, vinegar and salt until dissolved.
4. Add the vegetables, pineapple and cornstarch water and stir together until the sauce has thickened and bubbling.
5. Add the chicken pieces back in and Stir-fry chicken pieces are well coated.
Sweet & sour juicy chicken, serve over rice for an easy, quick dinner.